You know what I love about the UK- Pancake Day! And with Pancake Day just around the corner (it’s on Tuesday 8 March) I decided to get a head start and do a test run first… and it’s a Sunday so it’s just as good an excuse as any to shovel pancakes on this lazy morning!
Here is the recipe I used and there were delicious! I made a slight adaptation and put a healthy spread of Nutella on these pancakes before rolling them up. Thanks to Dakota Kelly for this Good Old Fashioned Pancake recipe!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.